Sunday Afternoon Outdoor Fun
We supply the boat and your transportation back to your car.
on Edmonton's River,
Ideal Summer Activity for Families and Groups
This trip through the river valley past the University and the downtown highrises is a wonderful afternoon outdoor activity for the whole family. There is so much to see, eight bridges to negotiate, meet the Dragonboats and wave to the Edmonton Queen.
SUNDAYS ONLY from June to September.
Paddle from Emily Murhy Park down the river to Capilano Park
Meet at Capilano Park at the foot of 50th Street on the south side of the river. From there we take you in our bus to Emily Murphy Park. It takes 2 to 3 hours to paddle 11.5 km down the river back to your car in Capilano Park.
- Sunday afternoon, 2:00 o'clock - Capilano Park in Edmonton (south shore of the river, at the end of 50th Street).
Leave your car at the parking lot close to the boat launch and board our bus for the 20 minute drive to Emily Murphy Park. Here you launch your 2-person canoe and you begin your journey down river at your leisure.
You should be back between 5:00 and 6:00pm
- PRICES: $80.00 for two adults in one canoe or kayak.
($25.00/pers. plus $30.00 for the canoe or kayak).
$70.00 for one adult and one child under 12 in one canoe.
$25.00 for a third person on a folding seat.
$50.00 for 1 person in solo kayak.
Prices include GST.
- A Visa or MasterCard imprint is required.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: This trip runs in inclement weather, however should you need to cancel your booking you can do so before 6:00 pm Thursday evening and receive a full refund.
The following items are all included in the rental package:
- 1 canoe, 2 paddles
- 1 life vest per person
- 1 throw rope
- 1 whistle
- 1 bailer
- All rental gear and boats must be returned at 6:00 pm latest.
- Personal equipment and other gear you feel is necessary will be your responsibility, ie. water, food, rain gear, sun screen, etc.
Edmonton Canoe will not be held responsible for you or your personal effects. Participation is at your own risk and one must sign a waiver. Should you have concerns regarding your abilities in a boat we recommend you take an appropriate introductory canoeing course prior to this unguided trip.
New in 2013:
Canoe rental at Astotin Lake in Elk Island National Park.
Every summer Saturday, Sunday and holiday you find us just a short drive east of Edmonton at the beach of Astotin Lake with its many island and secluded bays.
Rent a canoe by the hour or by the day.