Our canoe and kayak shuttles depart from Sir Wilfrid Laurier Park at 9 am. Paddle at your own pace down the river from Devon back to Edmonton in five to six leisurely hours.
The price is for two persons in one canoe. The extra charge for a third person on a folding seat in the middle of the boat is $30.00. Please click the "Add-Ons" link during checkout.
A fun day outdoors in Edmonton
What better way to spend a summer day in Edmonton, having fun outdoors on the water! We supply the boat and your transportation to the river. Every Saturday from middle of May to end of September you can spend the day on the water paddling your canoe down the North Saskatchewan River. Summer outdoor fun for the whole family!
Paddle 5 to 6 hours from Devon to Edmonton. Shuttles depart from Laurier Park in Edmonton at 9 am. Drive into the park downhill past the Valley Zoo to the parking lot by the boat launch. From there we take you in our bus to Devon, a drive of about 45 minutes. Here your 2-person canoe is waiting and you begin your journey down river at your leisure. Expect to be back at your car in Sir Wilfrid Laurier Park at about 5:00 pm.
- 8:50 am meet at Sir Wilfrid Laurier Park
- 9:00 to 9:45 shuttle to Devon, Voyageur Park
- 10:00 to 10:15 depart down the river
- Lunch break at one of the islands along the way
- 4:00 to 5:00 arrival at Laurier Park
Equipment participants may want to bring:
- light shoes or sandals for in the canoe
- extra shoes (dry) for the ride home
- Fleece jacket or wool sweater
- wind and/or rain jacket and pants, hat
- sunscreen, insect repellent
- swim suit, towel
- camera, binoculars
- cell phone
- lunch, water & other beverages
- garbage bags
- toilet paper