Saturday all day - take a kayak for five to six hours down the Saskatchewan River from Devon to Edmonton. A great way to spend a day outdoors and get some exercise.
Shuttles depart from Sir Wilfrid Laurier Park at 9 am.
Take your kayak down the river from Devon to Edmonton
What better way to spend a summer day in Edmonton, having fun outdoors on the water! We supply the boat and your transportation to the river.
Every Saturday from middle of May to end of September you can spend the day on the water paddling your kayak down the North Saskatchewan River. Summer outdoor fun for the whole family!
Paddle 5 to 6 hours from Devon to Edmonton. Shuttles depart from Sir Wilfrid Laurier Park in Edmonton at 9 am. Drive into the park and ownhill past the Valley Zoo to the parking lot by the boat launch. We meet in the parking. From there we take you in our bus to Devon, a drive of about 45 minutes. Here your 1-person kayak is waiting and you begin your journey down river at your leisure. Expect to be back at your car in Laurier Park at about 5:00 pm
- 8:50 am meet at Sir Wilfrid Laurier Park
- 9:00 to 9:45 shuttle to Devon, Voyageur Park
- 10:00 to 10:15 depart down the river
- Lunch break at one of the islands along the way
- 4:00 to 5:00 arrival at Laurier Park
Equipment participants may want to bring:
- light shoes or sandals for in the canoe
- extra shoes (dry) for the ride home
- Fleece jacket or wool sweater
- wind and/or rain jacket and pants, hat
- sunscreen, insect repellent
- swim suit, towel
- camera, binoculars
- cell phone
- lunch, water & other beverages
- garbage bags
- toilet paper