Sunday all day canoe shuttle - outdoors in the fesh air - paddle a 2-person canoe down the North Saskatchewan River from Devon back to your car in Emily Murphy Park.
The price is for two persons in one canoe. The extra charge for a third person on a folding seat in the middle of the boat is $30.00. Please click the "Add-Ons" link during checkout.
Take a canoe down the river, 30 km from Devon to Edmonton.
We supply the boat and your transportation to the river.
Every Sunday from middle of May to end of end of September you can paddle down the North Saskatchewan River, exploring the changing scenery of the valley, spot wildlife, catch a fish, or go swimming. This canoe trip usually takes 5 to 6 hours.
Shuttles depart from Emily Murphy Park in Edmonton (south shore of the river) at 9 am Sunday morning. Drive into the park and turn left at the T-intersection. We meet in the parking lot next to the Groat Road Bridge. From there we take you in our bus to Devon. We anticipate arrival at Devon at approximately 10 am. Here your 2-person canoe is waiting and you begin your journey down river at your leisure. Expect to be back at your car in Emily Murphy Park at about 5:00 pm.
- 8:50am meet at Emily Murphy Park
- 9:00 to 9:45 shuttle to Devon, Voyageur Park
- 10:00 to 10:15 depart down the river
- Lunch break at one of the islands along the way
- 4:00 to 5:00 arrival at Emily Murphy Park
Equipment participants may want to bring:
- light shoes or sandals for in the canoe
- extra shoes (dry) for the ride home
- Fleece jacket or wool sweater
- wind and/or rain jacket and pants, hat
- sunscreen, insect repellent
- swim suit, towel
- camera, binoculars
- cell phone
- lunch, water & other beverages
- garbage bags
- toilet paper