Sunday all day - bring refreshments and lunch for your day- trip in a solo kayak down the river from Devon to Edmonton. We supply the boat and your transportation to the river.
Sunday kayak shuttle - paddle from Devon to Edmonton. A day of fun on the River.
EVERY SUNDAY from middle of May to end of end of September you can paddle your solo kayak down the North Saskatchewan River, exploring the changing scenery of the valley, spot wildlife, catch a fish, or go swimming. This kayak trip usually takes 5 to 6 hours including a few stops and a lunch break. There is no guide, you paddle at your own leisure. We supply all necessary equipment, the boats, PFDs, paddles, safety equipment and the transportation.
Paddle 5 to 6 hours from Devon to Edmonton - shuttles depart from Emily Murphy Park in Edmonton (south shore of the river) at 9 am Sunday morning. Drive into the park and turn left at the T-intersection. We meet in the parking lot next to the Groat Road Bridge. From there we take you in our bus to Devon. We anticipate arrival at Devon at approximately 10 am. Here your 1-person kayak is waiting and you begin your journey down river at your leisure. Expect to be back at your car in Emily Murphy Park at about 5:00 pm.
- 8:50am meet at Emily Murphy Park
- 9:00 to 9:45 shuttle to Devon, Voyageur Park
- 10:00 to 10:15 depart down the river
- Lunch break at one of the islands along the way
- 4:00 to 5:00 arrival at Emily Murphy Park
Equipment participants may want to bring:
- light shoes or sandals for in the kayak
- extra shoes (dry) for the ride home
- Fleece jacket or wool sweater
- wind and/or rain jacket and pants, hat
- sunscreen, insect repellent
- swim suit, towel
- camera, binoculars
- cell phone
- lunch, water & other beverages
- garbage bags
- toilet paper