Terms and conditions
Edmonton Canoe is owned and operated by Timberwolf Tours Ltd. of Spruce Grove, Alberta
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR BOAT RENTALS AND SHUTTLES
For and in consideration of the rental of canoes or kayaks I agree to:
1. Return the boat and included equipment immediately following my trip in as good a condition as received, normal wear being accepted.
2. Accept full responsibility for the care of the equipment rented by Edmonton Canoe for the duration of the trip. 3. Be responsible for the replacement at full retail value of any unreturned equipment rented under this agreement.
4. Reimburse Edmonton Canoe (Timberwolf Tours Ltd.) for any loss or damage of any kind other than reasonable wear and tear, which results from the use of this equipment.
5. Operate and control the canoe or kayak in a safe and courteous manner.
6. Sign a Waiver of Liability and Acceptance of Risk prior to starting the trip.
These trips run in inclement weather, however should you need to cancel your booking you can cancel a Saturday trip latest by Wednesday before 6:00 pm and receive a full refund. You can cancel a Sunday trip latest by Thursday before 6:00 pm and receive a full refund. If we have to cancel a trip on short notice because of dangerous wind or water conditions you will receive a full refund.
Saturday and Sunday full day, paddle from Devon to Edmonton: Shuttles depart from Emily Murphy Park in Edmonton (south shore of the river) at 9:00 am. Drive into the park and turn left at the T-intersection. We meet in the parking lot next to the Groat Road Bridge. From there we take you in our bus to Devon, a drive of about 45 minutes. Here your 2-person canoe or 1-person kayak is waiting and you begin your journey down river at your leisure. Expect to be back at your car in Emily Murphy Park at about 5:00 pm.
Sunday afternoon and weekday after work Sundays we meet at 2:00 pm and weekdays at 6:00 pm in Capilano Park at the foot of 50th Street on the south side of the river. Leave your car in the paved parking lot to the left of the boat ramp access. Then board our bus for the 20 minute drive to Emily Murphy Park. Here you begin your journey down river. This trip takes between 2 and 3 hours.
EQUIPMENT YOU MAY WANT TO BRING:
Light shoes or sandals to wear in the canoe, extra shoes (dry) for the ride home, hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, wind and/or rain jacket and pants, swim suit, towel, insect repellent, fleece jacket or wool sweater, lunch, water & other beverages, camera, binoculars, cell phone, toilet paper, garbage bags.
Note: If you are planning to stop at Big Island (full day only), there is no shelter, water or fire wood.
The following items are all included in the rental package: 1 canoe with 2 paddles or 1 kayak with 1 paddle, 1 life vest per person, 1 small dry bag, 1 throw rope, 1 whistle, 1 bailer.
All rental gear, canoes or kayaks must be returned in good condition. Personal equipment and other gear you feel is necessary are your responsibility.
A waiver of liability and rental agreement has to be signed before starting your trip.