Terms and conditions
Edmonton Canoe is owned and operated by Timberwolf Tours Ltd. of Spruce Grove, Alberta
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR BOAT RENTALS AND SHUTTLES
For and in consideration of the rental of canoes or kayaks I agree to:
1. Return the boat and included equipment immediately following my trip in as good a condition as received, normal wear being accepted.
2. Accept full responsibility for the care of the equipment rented by Edmonton Canoe for the duration of the trip. 3. Be responsible for the replacement at full retail value of any unreturned equipment rented under this agreement.
4. Reimburse Edmonton Canoe (Timberwolf Tours Ltd.) for any loss or damage of any kind other than reasonable wear and tear, which results from the use of this equipment.
5. Operate and control the canoe or kayak in a safe and courteous manner.
6. Sign a Waiver of Liability and Acceptance of Risk prior to starting the trip.
These trips run in inclement weather, however should you need to cancel your booking you can cancel a Saturday trip latest by Wednesday 6:00 pm and receive a full refund. You can cancel a Sunday trip latest by Thursday 6:00 pm and receive a full refund. If we have to cancel a trip on short notice because of dangerous wind or water conditions you will receive a full refund.
Saturday full day, paddle from Devon to Edmonton: We meet in Sir Wilfrid Laurier Park in Edmonton (north shore of the river) at 9:00 am. Drive downhill past the Edmonton Valley Zoo to the parking lot by the boat launch. From there we take you in our bus to Devon, a drive of about 45 minutes. Here your 2-person canoe or 1-person kayak is waiting and you begin your journey down river at your leisure. Expect to be back at your car in Laurier Park at about 4:00 pm.
Afternoon paddle from Laurier to Capilano Park: Sunday afternoon we meet at 1:00 pm and weekdays we meet at 5:00 pm in Capilano Park at the foot of 50th Street on the south side of the river. Leave your car in the paved parking lot to the left of the boat ramp access. Then board our bus for the 20 minute drive to Sir Wilfrid Laurier Park. Here you begin your journey down river. This trip takes between 3 and 4 hours.
You bring your own boat: If you called and made arrangements to bring your own canoe or kayak, please be at the above mentioned meeting place 15 minutes prior. This will allow you time to move your boat from your car onto our trailer.
EQUIPMENT YOU MAY WANT TO BRING:
Light shoes or sandals to wear in the canoe, extra shoes (dry) for the ride home, hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, wind and/or rain jacket and pants, swim suit, towel, insect repellent, fleece jacket or wool sweater, lunch, water & other beverages, camera, binoculars, cell phone, toilet paper, garbage bags.
The following items are all included in the rental package: 1 canoe with 2 paddles or 1 kayak with 1 paddle, 1 life vest per person, 1 small dry bag, 1 throw rope, 1 whistle, 1 bailer.
All rental gear, canoes or kayaks must be returned in good condition. Personal equipment and other gear you feel is necessary are your responsibility.
A waiver of liability and rental agreement has to be signed before starting your trip.